HOLIDAY/SHORT-TERM RENTAL GUESTS CODE OF CONDUCT
Everyone who visits or lives on our beautiful Estate and Nature Reserve is expected to respect the environment and show consideration for the rights and privacy of others, as this preserves and enhances their enjoyment of the ambience and lifestyle that has become synonymous with Zimbali.
To ensure that you enjoy your stay, we set out below a summary of the most pertinent rules which, if contravened, will result in punitive action being taken. Please read this document carefully before signing it as it acknowledges that you have understood its contents and agree to comply therewith whist on the Estate.
Zimbali is a residential estate where the residents respect the rights of their neighbours by not causing excessive noise. Fines are therefore imposed for noise disturbances such as:
- Loud music
- Revving of engines
- Excessive screaming / shouting
Guests are reminded that Zimbali Estate does not tolerate undesirable behaviour will not be tolerated. This will include but is not limited to the following :
- Abusive behaviour towards security staff and any other staff members on the estate.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Using drones
- Damaging property on the Estate
- Discharging fireworks, firearms, air guns, cross bows or other weapons
- The slaughter of animals
- Hanging of linen, clothing and towels from balconies & other areas visible from outside of the property
OTHER IMPORTANT RULES
Zimbali Estate is not liable for any incidents or accidents that occur on the beach or in the sea adjacent to it, as these are public spaces not under its control
Swimming in the sea is not permitted as there are no lifeguards
The speed limit on Zimbali Estate is 25km/h – the ONLY exception to this is Zimbali Drive, which has a speed limit of 40km/h.
No domestic pets are allowed on Zimbali Estate.
Strictly 2 occupants per bedroom.
Tailgating and the illegal use of access cards to allow other vehicles through the boom gates is prohibited.
Only the holder of a valid driver’s licence is permitted to drive motor vehicles or golf carts within Zimbali Estate
Feeding, harming, disturbing or killing any wild animals and bird life or picking, damaging, or removing plant life within the Estate is prohibited.
Private parties are not permitted on Zimbali Estate and visiting Guests may not invite or host non-residents on the Estate
Please note that penalties from R250.00 to R17 500.00 per day may be incurred for non-compliance with the Rules and Regulations.
I hereby acknowledge that :
- I have received, read and understood Zimbali Estate’s Rules, Regulations and Guest Code of Conduct;
- I undertake to ensure that I and my party strictly comply with them for the duration of our stay on the Estate;
- I will be personally liable to pay for any fines or penalties imposed upon me or any member of my party by the Estate for contravening them in any way.